Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A fresh start blogging (I hope)

In the past couple of years, I kind of forgot I had a blog. Sometimes, it seems life is too busy and I do my best to keep up. Last Nov. I decided to move my studio. I even have regular open hours from 9:30-12 while Chloe goes to preschool or Grammie D.'s. Next fall, she will start kindergarten. I will miss having her around, but it will allow me to work more hours during day light :) I am also posting jewelry for sale on Etsy- www.melissastenstrom.etsy.com.

Currently, I am making items for upcoming art festivals. The first one I will be at is the Valley Junction Art Market in West Des Moines on the Sunday the 17th of May. This will be my second spring at this show and it is a really nice way to open the fall season.

Recently, I have been trying to increase my current inventory adding new pieces and making some of the old favorites. I will be making more of the "Miro Earrings" with a range of colored stones and some pearls. I made an experimental pair with 4mm square (princess cut) amethysts. I made a setting with prongs after being inspired by the Creative Stone setting book by John Cogswell. Because I had success, I made a pair of hyperbolic paraboloid earring and used the same type of setting with 3 mm princess diffused pink topaz. I will be photographing them soon, so that they can be put on my etsy site for sale.

I am trying to figure out how to post pictures because it is not working for me at the moment. If you see a picture soon, you will know that I figured it out. Hmmm.

Well, I think I will take a break from technology to go fold some laundry. I am really look forward to heading my studio later to make some more stuff.

No comments: